© Reuters. Ukrainian servicemen drive close to Bakhmut, as Russia’s assault in Ukraine continues, in Donetsk area, japanese Ukraine, September 7, 2022. REUTERS/Ammar Awad
(Reuters) – Ukrainian forces swept additional throughout territory seized from fleeing Russian troops on Monday, as Moscow grappled with the implications of the collapse of its occupation pressure in northeastern Ukraine.
* Ukrainian forces have superior north from Kharkiv to inside 50 km (30 miles) of the border with Russia and are additionally urgent to the south and east in the identical area, Ukrainian chief commander Basic Valeriy Zaluzhnyi stated.
* Zaluzhnyi stated Ukraine had retaken greater than 3,000 sq km (1,160 sq miles) this month.
* Ukraine’s normal workers stated its forces had recaptured greater than 20 cities and villages in simply the previous day
* Britain’s defence ministry stated Russia had in all probability ordered the withdrawal of its troops from all the occupied Kharkiv area west of the Oskil River. (https://
* The Kremlin stated it noticed no prospect of peace talks and that what it calls the particular navy operation in Ukraine would obtain its objectives.
* Russian-installed official in Ukraine’s Kharkiv area stated Ukrainian forces had outnumbered Russian and pro-Russian forces by eight occasions in the course of the lightening counteroffensive over the weekend.
* Russia’s defence ministry ordered troops to go away the world across the metropolis of Izium, TASS stated on Saturday. It additionally quoted the Russian-installed chief administrator of Russian-controlled elements of the province as telling residents to evacuate to Russia.
* Russian nationalists referred to as angrily for instant adjustments by President Vladimir Putin to make sure final victory within the Ukraine warfare, after Moscow was compelled to desert Izium.
* Ukraine must safe in opposition to a potential counterattack the territory it has recaptured from Russian forces, Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov was quoted as saying on Sunday. Ukrainian troops had been drained after their six-day offensive however morale was good, he informed the Monetary Occasions.
* Reuters couldn’t independently confirm the battlefield reviews.
* Operations on the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear energy plant have been absolutely stopped as a security measure, its state operator stated. The transfer adopted restoration of the backup energy line permitting the plant to be related to Ukraine’s electrical energy grid.
* The IAEA nuclear watchdog confirmed the restoration, permitting the plant to attract energy from the grid to chill its reactors.
* The presidents of Russia and France held talks about plant security, with Putin blaming Ukrainian forces, whereas Emmanuel Macron pointed the finger at Russian troops.
* Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukraine’s president, saidRussian assaults had hit Kharkiv’s CHPP-5 electrical energy station, one of many nation’s largest.
* Russia was doing “every thing” to interrupt Ukrainian and European resolve this winter, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy informed a convention attended by Germany’s international minister.
* Indonesian President Joko Widodo is contemplating becoming a member of India and China in shopping for Russian oil to offset the rising strain of rising vitality prices, the Monetary Occasions stated.
* The Worldwide Financial Fund is in search of methods to offer emergency funding to nations dealing with war-induced meals value shocks, sources informed Reuters.