Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms of participation in the ABC Multi-Tasking Test Competition for National Science Week ( "Competition" ).
1. The promoter of this Competition is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation ( "Promoter") (ABN 524 292 78345), 700 Harris Street, Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia.
2. Entry to the Competition is open to all Australian residents. An entrant's residential postcode will determine whether the entrant resides in Australia for the purposes of the Competition. Individual entrants under 18 years of age need to have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter's website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into the Competition is free.
5. The Competition opens at 12.01am AEST on Monday 1 August 2011 and closes at 11.59am AEST on Monday 19 September 2011 ( "Competition Period"). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, you must:
i. Complete the Multi-tasking Test (available at http://www.multitaskingtest.net.au) ("Website") and choose the 'Enter Competition' option;
ii. Tell us in 25 words or less whether you think multi-tasking is having a positive or negative effect on your life ( "Work"); and
iii. Submit your Work accompanied by full contact details through the Website.
7. Each individual entry must include your name, suburb, email address and a daytime telephone number or it will be deemed invalid.
8. You may enter the competition only once.
9. The entrant whose Work is judged by the Promoter's panel of judges to be the best, most original and creative will win the prize ( "Prize Winner"). Chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner.
10. The Prize Winner will receive, at the Prize Winner's election:
i. a digital camera; or
ii. a tablet personal computer; or
iii. a mobile phone;
up to the value of $1000, subject to availability.
11. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
12. You warrant that:
i. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
ii. you have all necessary rights and licences to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;
iii. the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties;
and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
13. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your Work to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
15. Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the Prize Winner and the city/town/suburb in which he/she lives will be announced on the Multi-tasking website ( http://www.multitaskingtest.net.au) and also at ABC Science Online (www.abc.net.au/science) on 29 September 2011. Please allow at least 28 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
16. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoter's ability to deliver the prize/s to the Prize Winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
17. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
18. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.